Pre and Post Operation Instructions
The following instructions are general information to be followed before and after a hair transplant procedure. Clinic Center does not take the responsibility for the accuracy of these instructions. The instructions of your specialist in Turkey after hair transplant should be followed.
Two Weeks Before:
- Stop taking any medications or vitamin supplements that contain aspirin, ibuprofen (e.g. Advil, Motrin, Aleve etc.). Tylenol is fine. These medications increase your risk for bleeding making it very difficult for your transplanted hair grafts to kick in.
One Week Before:
- Refrain from smoking and nicotine products since they constrict blood vessels.
- Refrain from alcohol since it makes you more likely to bleed during the procedure.
- Refrain from exercise 3-7 days prior to your hair transplant procedure. If you take supplements, please refrain at least one week.
- If you have ever experienced high blood pressure, asthma, chest pains, liver or kidney problems, or shortness of breath, inform Clinic Center.
Day Of The Procedure:
- Eat breakfast with no caffeine as it can increase bleeding and sensitivity to medications.
- Prefer clothing (button down, zipped shirt, sweatpants etc.) that does not need to be pulled over your head. Valuables should be left at your hotel.
- Feel free to bring music to listen to during your procedure!
- Remove your contact lenses before your procedure.
Mild pain can be expected for a couple of days after the hair transplant procedure. This can be relieved with pain medications which Clinic Center Turkey will provide.
Swelling may occur on the forehead and around the eyes and can last 2 to 5 days after the hair transplant procedure. You can apply cold compress to minimize the swelling. Do not use cold compress on your donor or recipient areas. This situation is normal and Clinic Center Turkey will provide you anti-edema pills for just in case.
You need to sleep in a semi-upright position on your back to decrease swelling that might occur and also to protect the transplanted hair grafts getting damaged.
Smoking and Alcohol
As they might extend the period for healing by thinning the blood and causing bleeding. Avoid consuming alcohol and smoking 2 weeks after the hair transplant.
From the first week to 4 months after the hair transplant you may experience shock hair loss. It is a normal situation and the hair will regrow.
Bleeding & Itching
Following the FUE Hair transplant, your head can be itchy. This is normal and lasts for 10-15 days. There may be small amount of liquid on your pillow. This is not a bleeding, it is the extra liquid injected during the operation. Never scratch your donor and recipient areas since it can affect the results negatively.
Your medical shampoo and lotions is included in the all-inclusive package and is provided by Clinic Center. You can apply these for 14 days in order to get rid the dried blood and crusts. Your first hair wash will be performed during your check-up with Clinic Center. How to wash your hair;
First 15 days of your hair transplant procedure you should use the spray that Clinic Center provided after this time limit, wash your hair by lathering up the shampoo in your hand and lightly applying both to the donor and recipient area. Rinse with lukewarm water and light water pressure. Your hair still mustn’t be touched at this stage, so should be left to drip dry. It is advisable to apply a moisturizing conditioner daily on the grafted sites as well as in the donor area carefully. Let the conditioner remain for 5 minutes, then rinse gently. This process will significantly decrease scab formation.
You will feel fine within a day or two after hair transplant procedure, numbness can be expected for several days. Generally you will gain normal appearance with slight redness after 15 days. If beard hair grafts have been used as donor area, it can be shaven after one week. The donor area is usually healed after one month.
In your first month after the hair transplant, you should avoid heavy physical activities like running, cycling etc.
Do not get exposed to direct sunlight because it can damage your skin. If necessary, wear a hat to avoid the sunlight. Do not swim in the sea or in the pool in your first month after the FUE hair transplant procedure.